StockCar Racing Experience – Important Information
Directions For StockCar Racing Participants
Pocono Raceway is located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, within a 2-hour drive from Philadelphia and New York City. We do not suggest waiting until you leave and using a GPS. We do not have a GPS address to get you to Gate #1 at Pocono Raceway. Please click this link for printable directions or go to this link for google maps directions.
Arrival Info For Drive Participants
Please arrive at the racetrack 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time. 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time please follow signs for Driver Registration, proceed to the bottom floor of the Pocono Penthouse (located directly in front of the parking area) with your driver’s license for registration. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE, the safety briefing will start without you and your time at the race track will be prolonged. Guests will not be permitted in the driver’s classroom area (Pocono Penthouse), there is a guest area on the pit lane where they can wait for you to complete your safety briefing (Approximately 1 hour). If you have a Personal Instruction 3-Lap Ride you will be registered in the driver’s classroom, NOT at the Ride Registration area.
Arrival Info For Ride Participants
Please arrive at the racetrack 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. After parking, follow the signs for ride registration on the pit lane.
Please go to this link helmet sizing for instruction on measuring your head to get your helmet size. Knowing your size will be of great help to us. We are trying to eliminate individuals trying on multiple helmets for sanitation reasons. All helmets and suits will be sanitized after each use.
Can guests come along to the race track?
Yes, we have an area right on the pit lane for them to watch. We encourage you to bring your friends, family, and share in the experience. We suggest bringing folding chairs & shade for your comfort.
What is provided & what do I need to bring?
- Sneakers/ closed-toe shoes are required. Dress for the weather, shorts and a t-shirt can be worn under the driving suit in warmer weather.
- Everything you need- thoroughly sanitized helmets, driving suits, and HANS devices are provided.
- Participants wishing to bring their own helmet and suit will be permitted. The helmet must be SA2010 with hans device clips and the suit must be at least an SFI 3.2A/1 rating single layer.
- We recommend bringing seating & shade for your spectators due to new restrictions.
How do the Drive Experiences work?
- Please view the How It Works video below in this email. You will start your day with a 1-hour training session including classroom, racecar & racetrack orientation, and your drivers meeting before you get behind the wheel.
- You will be able to drive at higher speeds each lap depending on your own ability.
- You will follow a lead instructor and learn the correct racing line by following 4 car lengths behind the lead car.
What if it rains?
We will make every effort to run all scheduled sessions. You must register in person, no matter what the weather looks like at your present location, unless we have contacted you and told you otherwise. We will run on a delay if possible. In the event that we have to postpone due to weather, your booking will be placed on hold and you will have one year from your originally booked date to complete your experience. Refunds will not be issued. StockCar Racing Experience is not responsible for any travel expenses incurred by changes beyond our control.
Can I reschedule or send a substitute?
- You may not reschedule within 30 days of your reserved date. If for some reason you cannot attend on your reserved date, you may send a substitution at no additional charge.
- You may reschedule up to 30 days prior to your reserved date with a $75 rescheduling fee for all Drive Experiences and $35 fee for all Ride Along Experiences.